Monday, May 14, 2018

Leftism is Revolting - I would NEVER be a liberal today.

Honestly, I would never want to be a liberal today.  They are just gross.

I used to pride myself on understanding where people on the left were coming from.  While they would wring their hands and tear out their hair in anguish and bewilderment at conservatives, I would simply smile and placidly nod my head at their infantile proclamations.  Sure they're dumb, but entirely understandable.  Liberals just want what the rest of us want - peace and prosperity and a better world for our kids.  Right?

No, not really.  Not so much these days.  

Lately I have been bewildered myself as the left makes less and less sense.

Why attack every single person you disagree with as a racist?  It makes no logical sense to castigate and alienate your political opponents.  I am confused at this completely irrational impulse that many liberals have these days...  disagree with someone?  They are VERY LIKELY RACIST.

Senseless.  Rather than engage with ideas and critical thinking, simply go for the jugular with the most vile smear you can think of.  No thought or conviction required.

The President?  Not mine and he should be impeached immediately.

This is rather absurd and entirely unlikely and doesn't seem to be coming from anywhere logical.  Rather than engage with ideas and critical thinking, simply deny plain truth and clamor for the destruction of the presidency.  No thought or conviction required.

I want democrats to take back the house, senate and the presidency.  So I'm going to double down on my identity politics and make things exponentially worse and alienate anyone who might be on the fence - pushing them away and to the right.

This tactic of simply repeating everything that made democrats lose in 2016 is maybe the most nonsensical behavior of all.  Why would you re-emphasize everything that pissed off conservatives and yes even the moderates who voted for Obama twice before?  

Makes no sense.

I suppose I should be glad, lefties are all but assuring that they will lose again this November, the blue wave is now more of a trickle as polls across even the most liberal of sources are showing it less and less likely that the Dems will retake the house.

Trump keeps winning and winning, and the left keeps helping him by increasing and not decreasing the hyperbole and hyper-anger.

It's one thing to say that a particular politician or celebrity is racist for something they may have said years ago, that's the kind of character assassination the left has always been eager to implement - but it's quite another thing to now call 60 million people racist.  Even if this temper tantrum driven declaration were even partially true, why would liberals want to make it worse?   What logic is there in spitting in the eye of those you supposedly want to vote for your candidates?

Makes no sense and it makes me feel like I must be missing something, some bigger master plan to bring people together in the end.

But I know this isn't the case - all the left has left now is anger and hate, and it is boiling over and out of control because it's just making things worse for democrats and they simply don't seem to care.

Makes no sense at all.


No comments: