Tuesday, May 03, 2016

This appears to be happening...

Really guys? Really? I know it's a long way to November, but still... this looks like it's really happening. He's got a bigger lead than Obama had in both 2008 and 2012.  

President Trump.  

Nope, can't get my head around it.

I know I'm politically opposite a lot (okay most) of you, my family, my friends, but I don't want this for our country. Sadly though, I feel as though after 8 years of wrecking ball progressivism, this is the backlash, this is the inevitable result.  

You cannot take millions of jobs from Americans while lying about the unemployment rate and not expect consequences. You cannot exponentially drive up health care premiums for the middle class and not expect backlash. You cannot drown hard working Americans in the dogma of race baiting, politically correct, liberal idiocy and not expect a reaction.

You cannot have a leader who makes the malaise of Jimmy Carter look downright patriotic in comparison, and not expect an outcry of nationalism. You cannot have a president who barely hides disdain for the military, and works to systematically dismantle it, and not expect angry vets and soldiers.

But what's done is done I suppose. Right now we have to deal with it. I want to be hopeful, I want to believe that somehow we can avoid the catastrophe of a buffoon for a president, or a criminal for that matter. 

Please convince me that somehow Trump can lose, because right now he's winning - by a lot. And I will be damned if conservatives shoulder the lions share of the blame here. Take that pointy finger and aim it right at yourselves.  

I am a conservative. I am NOT Donald Trump. I am the opposite of everything he pushes.

He is not conservative, he is an big government populist, much more aligned with Bernie Sanders supporters in their anger and desire to overthrow the system and inflict totalitarian rule. Trump, like Bernie, started out as a protest campaign, now he finds himself being thrust by a wave of American anger directly towards the White House.

This is real. This is NOT my fault.

No comments: